If you're looking for an easy way to add overdrive to your classic Corvette the new TKX is the perfect design for the swap. With it's streamlined case design and the removal of the mounting bosses on the lower section of the tail housing, there's only this new shifter to be installed for an easy modification free swap. If your Corvette is already equipped with a four speed you can retain the bellhousing, mechanical clutch linkage, and flywheel to simplify the swap and keep it within budget.
The Corvette side shift modification retains the factory console positioning for the shift lever and the offset shift lever attachment can be rotated 360° for centering the shift lever in the opening.
This option is available on all TKX models, please pick a gear ratio from the drop down below or contact us for a recommendation.
*Pictured shift lever/knob is not included, but available for purchase with your transmission*
GM Low Profile Tremec TKX 5 Speed Transmission
26 Spline Input / 31 Spline Output
600 Lb Ft Torque Capability!
TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission Features and Benefits
- The all-new 5-speed, single overdrive manual transmission from TREMEC. Designed, tested and built specifically for the aftermarket.
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations.
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through the use of multi-cone synchronizers.
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels. All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations.
- Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns.