Carbon Edition Tremec TKX 5 Speed Transmission. This upgrade package allows for higher RPM shift points under heavy torque loads, it's the perfect solution for any serious track car or enthusiast looking for the best possible shift feel and performance.
* Transfer Gray Cerakote finish is standard finish on all Carbon Edition Transmissions. This coating helps dissipate
26 Spline Input / 31 Spline Output
600 Lb Ft Torque Capability!
Carbon Edition TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission Features and Benefits
- REM ISF finished internal gears and shafts
- Aerospace Polymer fork pads
- Hand built, blueprinted assembly by a Master Tremec technician
- Dyno Tested
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations.
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through the use of multi-cone synchronizers.
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels. All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations.
- Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns.
- Carbon Edition Upgrade available for all models of TKX transmission
Additional benefits of the REM ISF process include:
- Reduced Operating Temperatures
- Reduced Torque Loss/ Improved Rotating Efficiency
- Increased Gear and Bearing Life
- Reduced Vibration and Noise
- Reduced Lubrication Requirements
- Improved Shift Feel
- Eliminates Break-in/ Run-in requirements